EMPO Progress Reports
Empowered Products takes PINK® and Gun Oil® to Meet the Market at NACDS Convention
September 3, 2014
We are pleased to report to our shareholders that we just completed this year's National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) convention, which was held on August 23rd through 26th in Boston, Massachusetts. This is the 3rd consecutive year Empowered Products has had a booth at the show including our participation in Meet the Market. This year, we met with numerous companies including Walgreens, Walmart, HEB, Sam's Club, CVS, and the Chain Drug Marketing Association - to name just a few.
A key advantage of the NACDS over most other tradeshows in this market segment is that the NACDS offers a unique Meet the Market component prior to the official start of the show. Meet the Market typically commences the day before the show's opening and presents an opportunity for Empowered Products, as a vendor, to conduct face-to-face meetings with buyers from our product category.
Meet the Market proved very fruitful for Empowered Products in 2012 and 2013 as it provided an excellent opportunity for us to introduce our products to key buyers in the national retail chain sector. This led directly to product placement of our PINK and Gun Oil brands in many of the major national chains including CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, and Rite Aid. At this year's convention, we enjoyed a bit of a shift with the national retailers as we now have recognition and product placement with many of them and are able to move directly into discussions regarding increased product mix and quantities.
Already in 2014, we've benefited from increased profitability of our active sales relationships with the major U.S. retailers, and we anticipate a continuance of increased shelf-space from our current chain presence, which is presently as follows:
- CVS: 6,300 U.S. retail locations
- Walmart: 600 U.S. retail locations
- Walgreens: 7,000+ U.S. retail locations
- Rite Aid: 4,548 U.S. retail locations for PINK(R) Silicone / 3,705 U.S. retail locations for PINK(R) Water
- Kroger: 1,400 U.S. retail locations
- Target: Online retail sales at Target.com
As mentioned, the NACDS presents a unique venue for one-on-one meetings with key buyers from national and regional chains that currently carry our products. At this year's meetings, we enjoyed numerous positive discussions regarding sales initiatives for the coming year, product expansion strategies, discounting programs, and advertising campaigns presently in the works.
Additionally, many of the smaller chains and pharmacy buyers, most of whom have now had a year or two to see how well our products move, are becoming increasingly interested in adding our PINK and Gun Oil lines to their store shelves. At this year's NACDS, we made several contacts with these smaller chains, which utilize distributors such as McKesson and Cardinal Health. We see these buyers as key to our continued penetration into this market segment as the major distributors like to see this type of widespread product support.
Scott Fraser, president and CEO of Empowered Products, commented, "Our annual presence at NACDS continues to promote access to the national retail mainstream sector for our PINK and Gun Oil brands of proprietary lubricants. This access is proving to be a key contributor to our company's increased sales and net revenues thus far in 2014. We are currently implementing that same successful strategy toward gaining comparable access to the national chain retail space throughout the European Union."
Recent Progress Reports:
- Empowered Products takes PINK® and Gun Oil® to Meet the Market at NACDS Convention September 3, 2014
- Empowered Products (EMPO) Goes PINK® in Midwest with Meijer Stores March 27, 2014
- Empowered Products Expands PINK® to U.S. Regional Chain February 25, 2014
- EMPO Launches Direct-to-Consumer Marketing Campaign for PINK® and Gun Oil® December 18, 2013
- Empowered Ramps-Up Marketing in Support of Major Chains Carrying Our Lubricants September 26, 2013
- Scott Fraser featured in Chain Drugstore Daily; PINK® and GunOil® Continue Rapid Shelf-Space Expansion for Increased Revenues and Net Income August 20, 2013
- Walgreens Takes PINK® National with Orders for 7,000+ Stores July 24, 2013
- Rite Aid Adds Empowered Products' PINK® Silicone and PINK® Water to 4,548 and 3,705 Stores, respectively June 11, 2013
- Kroger Adds PINK -- Propelling EMPO's Future Legacy in Mainstream Retail May 21, 2013
- PINK® and GunOil® Expand Nationally to 5,000 CVS Stores April 24, 2013
- Penthouse Magazine Gives Stroke 29® a Titillating Review March 26, 2013
- Wal-Mart advances Empowered Products' ascension into the major US national chains with its initial sales order February 21, 2013
- Empowered Products expands Asian distribution with entry into Japanese market January 14, 2013
- US National Chains are now top source of sales growth for PINK® and Gun-Oil® December 31, 2012
- EMPO Shareholders: Please Join Your CEO Now for 2013 Growth Agenda December 7, 2012
- Empowered Products is forming a strong alliance for Direct to Consumer Distribution of Gun-Oil® enhancement supplements November 27, 2012
- PINK® and Gun-Oil® to be Highlighted at BetterInvesting’s 120,000 member Virtual Investor Conference - hosted by PR Newswire November 2, 2012
- Empowered Products (EMPO) Expands Audience at Sex College with Dr. Shuey September 27, 2012
- Empowered Products - EMPO - Takes PINK® and Gun-Oil® mainstream to its expanding direct-consumers and Walgreens September 11, 2012
- Standard & Poor’s provides update on Empowered Products’ U.S. Market Expansion August 21, 2012
- Empowered Products purchases production equipment leading to increased manufacturing efficiency at its Las Vegas, Nevada, bottling facility December 6, 2011
- Empowered Products’ PINK® line featured at Annual Nurses Seminar in Singapore November 16, 2011
- Empowered Products teams up with Mobile Samples America for in-house production of PINK® and GunOil® samples October 3, 2011
- Polarin acquisition continues to accelerate PINK® sales throughout Korea and the Asia/Pacific Rim August 1, 2011
- Empowered Products, Inc. launches into the booming health supplements market with the introduction of PINK® Elevate for Women June 20, 2011
- Our acquisition of Hong Kong distributor, Polarin, launches Empowered Products-Asia “EP-Asia” into World's largest consumer base March 30, 2011